NeuroBiology & Genetics Group
"To educate and inspire through discoveries"
NeuroBiology & Genetics Group or better known as NBGG is co-led by Associate Professor Pike-See Cheah (up) from the Department of Human Anatomy and Associate Professor Michael KH Ling (down) from the Medical Genetics Unit of Department of Biomedical Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia. The group is interested in deciphering the genetic components that regulate the molecular networks underlying the development of the mammalian brain. [Read more]
The group is currently focused on the following research activities:
- Characterisation of novel microRNAs involved in embryogenesis.
- Transcriptomic and functional analyses of the brain and the muscle of a mouse model for Down syndrome.
- Molecular screening of nucleic acid aberrations in selected neurological disorders.
Browse our research tab to know more about NBGG research in UPM.
TRAINING & SERVICES
NBGG is resuming all the following training/workshop-on-demand:
- Mouse brain dissection
- Tissue processing and preparation
- RNA extraction
- RNA purity & integrity analysis
- cDNA synthesis
- qPCR assay development, validation and analysis
Please contact us for more information. We are currently accepting interns for 2023. Please contact either one of the principle investigators directly or via this EMAIL.
NeuroBiology & Genetics Group (NBGG)
Level 6, Laboratory Block B,
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Universiti Putra Malaysia
43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel : +603-9769 2564
Email: Click here